Invisalign is an orthodontic treatment that is used to straighten teeth. It is a clear aligner that is virtually invisible and removable, making it a popular choice for adults and teens. Invisalign can be used to treat a number of different dental concerns. Read on to learn more about Invisalign, also visit Moorooka dentist for more information.
What Are Invisalign Clear Aligners?
Invisalign clear aligners are the clear and virtually invisible way to improve your smile.
Invisalign is the clear alternative to metal braces for adults and teens. With Invisalign, there are no brackets and wires. Instead, your Invisalign treatment consists of a series of clear, customized, removable aligners that you change every two weeks. As you replace each aligner with the next in the series, your teeth will move – little by little, week by week – until they’ve straightened to their final position.
You’ll visit your doctor about once every six weeks to ensure that your treatment is progressing as planned.
Total treatment time averages 9-15 months and the average number of aligners worn during treatment is between 18 and 30, but both will vary from person to person.
Invisalign is FDA-cleared, virtually invisible, and removable – so you can live your life and smile more during treatment as well as after.
Which Dental Issues Can Invisalign Treat?
Invisalign is an orthodontic treatment that uses clear aligners to gradually straighten teeth. Unlike dental braces and retainers, Invisalign aligners are practically invisible, making them a popular choice for adults and teens who want to improve their smiles without drawing attention to their orthodontic treatment. But what dental issues can Invisalign actually treat?
Invisalign can be used to treat a wide variety of dental issues, including both minor and major concerns. Some of the most common dental issues that Invisalign can treat include:
- Crooked teeth: Invisalign can be used to straighten teeth that are crooked, crowded, or spaced too far apart.
- Overbite: Invisalign can be used to correct an overbite, where the upper teeth bite over the lower teeth.
- Underbite: Invisalign can also be used to correct an underbite, where the lower teeth bite in front of the upper teeth.
- Crossbite: Invisalign can also treat a crossbite, where the upper and lower teeth don’t line up correctly when you bite down.
- Open bite: Invisalign can be used to close an open bite, where there is a space between the teeth when the jaws are closed.
If you’re considering Invisalign to straighten your teeth, be sure to consult with an orthodontist to see if it’s the right treatment for you.
Back to top: What Concerns Does Invisalign Treat?